Robert C. Porter (Bob) is a respected leader in the home building and real estate development industries, with years experience as a successful corporate executive, financial manager and entrepreneur. Bob was born and reared in Washington, DC, and holds a BA Degree from Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. Bob has lived in Sedona since 1998.
Bob began his long career as a construction lending officer with Riggs National Bank (now PNC) in Washington, DC. He went on to join Mortgage Investors of Washington, a NYSE traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), where he rose to the position of Chief Financial Officer at the age of 28.
Bob later joined National Housing Partnership as Regional Vice President. NHP was one of the largest apartment builders in the country at that time, producing 40,000 units a year of mostly HUD financed projects.
Bob’s experience with National Housing Partnership led to a long career as a home builder. He built and sold more than 10,000 new homes as:
• President, Chief Operating Officer of Pulte Home Corporation in Arizona
• President, Chief Operating Officer of Beazer Homes in Nevada
• President, Chief Operating Officer of several companies that Bob owned and operated with his wife and Business Partner, Cheryl (CC) Porter, including American Communities in Nevada and Mountain Pacific Development in Arizona
Bob’s wife CC passed in May 2013, and he is currently developing Inspiration At Cottonwood, a 192 unit rental apartment community in Cottonwood, Arizona as an homage to CC. The Project is being financed, in part, by a $37 Million loan from the Department Of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), under Section 221(d)(4). Bob hopes to break ground in Summer 2021.
Bob is the father of 8 wonderful adult children, and 13 grandchildren. He is also a published author; his first novel “Foul Is Fair” was published in 2006; and his follow-up novel is due for release in 2021. Bob has also distinguished himself in a number of civic and public organizations:
• Board of Directors — Home Builders Association of Central Arizona
• Board of Directors — Southern Nevada Home Builders Association
• Advisory Committee — Nevada Housing Authority
• Charter Member — Dean’s Council of 100; Arizona State University
• President’s Inner Circle — UNLV Foundation; Las Vegas, NV
• Board of Directors — Goodwill Industries; Las Vegas, Nevada
• Chairman – We Care Ministries; Las Vegas, Nevada
• Board of Directors – Old Town Mission; Cottonwood, AZ
• Board Of Trustees – Fine Arts Museum of Sedona (FAMoS)
• Advisory Board Member – ASU Catholic Newman Center; Arizona State University
• Advisory Board Member – YoungLife of Northern Arizona; Sedona, AZ
• Advisory Board Member – City of Sedona, Arizona General Plan Committee
• Advisory Committee Member – Rainbow Acres
• Member – Sedona 30